These are the random thoughts of one particular university senior...anyway, She's also an anime Fangirl....FanWoman... Raving Anime Fan... That's good. I like that term.. Be afraid. When I say Random, I mean it.

12.26.2005

Okay, since it's been ages since I've updated this (anyone who's seen my blog would expect it) I figure I should let anybody who cares know how my christmas went.

After christmas eve mass, we went to my uncle's place across town for a potluck dinner as per usual. Much less of a turnout than in past years, but it was nice.

Christmas morning went as per usual. Breakfast first that consisted of buns with your choice of eggs, cold cuts, cheese and jam on them and croissants.

After that, we opened up our presents. It goes like this: Someone at random picks a gift. Any gift, as long as it's not for them. The recipient opens the gift, and oohs and awws over it for a bit. Then they get up and pick another gift. Any gift, as long as it's not for them. We continue this way, until all the gifts are unwrapped. Stockings may be unwrapped at one's leisure.

I got:

  • GetBackers Manga, vol 4 and 5
  • A nice toiletry set.
  • A sketchpad with pencils and sharpener in a leather travel-case.
  • A copy of my Opa's memoirs.
  • Pink PJs and Slippers with matching cartoon reindeer design (and they're 'teh pink', too.)
  • A large pencilcase
  • Three chocolate Cs.. one that has Zwarte Piet on it.
  • A chocolate orange.
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 160 GB Hard Drive
  • 17" LCD Monitor


I've already replaced the giant CRT monitor that I've had up to this point that's served me for the past 3 and a half years. I love it. I've got the new hard drive screwed into place inside my CPU, but I lack the cords to connect it to the motherboard or to the power source. It also turns out that the RAM stick doesn't fit into my motherboard. Wrong type. So, tomorrow, when I have a car, I'll take it down to the little privately-owned computer store and get the guy who built my machine to install all the stuff. And then my lack-of-speed and storage issues will be abated. I can't wait.

My sister got an iPod. One of those 30GB video ones. It took us up until yesterday evening at 9:30 to figure out how the video worked on it, but now that we do, it's pretty nifty. I may save up and get one later and put AMVs on one. MUCH later. I still have too much stuff I wanna get for myself.

Like a sketchbook. A full-sized one. My current one is full. I also have my eyes on the How To Draw Ninja: Ninja and Samurai .. and on the translation to Journey to the West.. and on the medabots DVDs. And a few videogames. And to continue my Fake, GetBackers, Saiyuki and Slayers Novels collections. I've decided to limit my personal spending to $40 per month on stuff like that.

I also still need to get things for a few friends, so all that stuff will have to wait.

My parents got cross-county skis for themselves this year, so we're going skiing for new years. Luckily, my sister and I will be allowed to go snowboarding while they go cross-country skiing. It's all at the same place, so it's no biggie.

Oh, and speaking of AMVs, I wish I could work on them right now. But I can't. I don't have all the video files I need. >.<

I also haven't played as much playstation as I thought I would. I've been playing gameboy instead.

I also went and dug up my copies of the Chronicles of Narnia and managed to find all of them except for A Horse And His Boy, but that's not really important to the overall storyline anyway, so that's okay. I'm just starting The Voyage of the Dawn Treader now.

I also went and downloaded a couple of silly christmas songs at my parents' request. "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Shirley Temple and "Blue Christmas" by Porky Pig. -_-; Thank you, mom and dad.

Oh, and Emishi, if you're reading this, I WILL get to the RP journals this week. I promise. Feel free to kill me if I don't.

You can also find this post at my LJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

Have a super day!

Monday, January 15, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home