These are the random thoughts of one particular university senior...anyway, She's also an anime Fangirl....FanWoman... Raving Anime Fan... That's good. I like that term.. Be afraid. When I say Random, I mean it.

12.02.2002

Okii! I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!



I got back at 11:15 pm EST last night, tired and somewhat nauseous (I threw up in the McDonalds in Parry Sound on the way back) but considerably less stressed. My forehead is clearing up, even. ^-^ Mako-chan, Nanaki-chan, I missed you guys!



Now, I'm gonna stay away from the whole "no one cares about me" thing, for one reason: I wanna talk to Nanaki "in person" about that.... that is to say, over MSN or AIM. Instead, I'll tell you what I did this weekend.


I went home this weekend to help with makeup for the christmas play that mom is producing for the theatre group we're both in. She was so desperate for ppl she payed the $90 for the round-trip bus fare. This year's show was "Little Jack Horner", English Pantomime style, and BOY were there a lot of makeup changes. Whitefaced guards who needed to change to dark-faced Gypsies and back again. A feature dancer who needed sparkles for one scene and one scene only, and so on and so on and so on. And only three of us to do it all. There were three shows on saturday, at 1, 4, and 7:30pm, all about 2h 30min long. For the 7:30 show, the other two makeup ladies went to see the show and I had to do all the makeup changes BY MYSELF... and I DID IT! And on Time, too. Yay, me!



I went to see the show at 1pm on sunday, and then I had to go to Yorkdale to pick up the bus back here. (where I threw up en route) The other kewl thing was out of the whole cast of 30, I knew everybody except for about 5. AND I knew all the Front of House volunteers, the Stage Crew (my Dad and Imouto were among those, even though my sis insists the actors are all a bunch of weirdos) And the other two makeup ladies. I really miss being the one onstage, but next year I SHOULD have enough time to be in the Thorneloe Players (AKA university theatre group) show...



I miss a lot of things. Being onstage. The cast party (woo!)... One weird thing was that the opening number this year was the same as the opening number we used for My First Panto, Aladdin



On a wonderful day like today

I defy any cloud to appear in the sky

Dare any raindrop to plop in my eye

On a wonderful day like today



*kills the singing since it's cold as a bitch and snowing* The show was really funny. I like the part where Dame Dimwit (read: traditionally a male-playing-female part) "dresses up like Britney Spears to scare the living daylights out of them"... and it worked..... Then he lost his wig halfway through the next scene (on purpose)... AND he kept forgetting his lines. You can tell cuz he asks the pianist (who is wearing headset which connects to Stage Right and the Booth) what it is.



I also miss being able to obsess over these things with Nanaki and Mako the day they happen.^^; Oh well. I can do it tonight.



Why is it that Nanaki always gets depressed when I'm gone and never when I'm here? Anywhoo, Nanaki, when you read this, please accept this belated e-hug ----> *hug* and my apologies for being gone TWO weekends in a ROW.



Three more weeks to Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home